Mint Chevron

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baby Banks' Small Screen Debut

Today was an amazing and surreal day. Because it is so early in the pregnancy, I really don't feel or look much different yet. With the exception of occasional "evening" sickness (This baby is already taking after me as I hate to do anything in the morning!), exhaustion (God bless the 5:30 power nap), and what Josh lovingly refers to as "preggo rage" (if you have been on the receiving end of one of my outbursts, I am so sorry!), not much has changed yet. So, sometimes it still doesn't feel "real" yet.

Well, that all changed today. I had my first prenatal appointment which included a sonogram! There was a increased chance that Baby Banks might have actually been the "Babies Banks." After the initial shock would've worn off, we would've been thrilled with twins! (Although, when the doctor mentioned triplets, my knees started to buckle!) But we were both super excited when the doctor said, "How does one in the right place sound?"

Suddenly, there was Baby Banks on the screen with his or her little heart just flashing away. Then, the nurse turned on the sound...who knew such a little sound could make you smile, cry, and laugh at the same time?

I'm measuring right where I should be at 7 weeks, 1 day. And for anyone making bets or taking guesses as to whether a whole lot of pink or blue will be coming into the house, Baby Banks' heart rate was 156 beats per minute. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment