Mint Chevron

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ah, memories...

Today was the annual Memory Walk for the Alzheimer's Association. It had been a few years since I had participated, but when one of my co-worker's organized a team I eagerly joined in.



As I got dressed that morning and sat down to tie my sneakers, I was hit with a very profound memory. The person I was walking in memory of, my Nanny, was the person who taught me how to tie my shoes (along with a million other little and big things). As I began the walk, I was stuck with sadness that as I now
have a million new things to learn, my Nanny is no longer here to teach me those new lessons. While Baby Banks will certainly hear lots of stories about Nanny as he/she get older, he/she will never get to meet her.


Nanny has been gone for nearly 10 years, but her memory lives on. It would be amazing to still have her here with us, but clearly God needed some extra help in heaven! I think it is no small coincidence that within a few weeks of her passing, I met Josh. So, it's my hope that as we embark on this next life changing event, she'll be watching over us and throw some more good luck our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment