Mint Chevron

Friday, November 2, 2012

17 Months, Week 4



What happens at Grandma and Grandpa's, stays at Grandma and Grandpa's right?  Well, I'm sure there are some secrets the three of them are keeping but Grandma and Grandpa Szafarczyk were nice enough to take and share lots of pictures of Olivia's first solo over night stay.  They were also nice enough to Skype with us as we were driving so we could say goodnight to Olivia before she went to bed.  It looks like a good time was had by all!

 Olivia also got to dine at a very special table while she was at Grandma and Grandpa's.  This table belonged to Grandma Sue when she was a little girl.  I then used it in my "kitchen" when I was a little girl.  I have so many fond memories of having "coffee" and "cookies" at this table with my Nanny when I was little.  I can still remember her asking me, "Is this coffee Sanka?  It's delicious!"  But over the years, the table and chairs had started to show it's age.  So, Grandpa repainted it and Aunt Mary Ann recovered the seats on the chairs. Both did a great job; it came out perfect!  I am so excited that new memories will be made by this table and chairs!


















After our fun weekend up North, it was time to head back to the grind.  It started with picture day at daycare.  This is one of those pictures that when I see it, I can't believe how grown-up she looks!







After all the warm-ups, the big night finally arrived - HALLOWEEN! Uncle Jimmy stopped by first with a special bag of goodies for Olivia. It was pretty cold outside, but that didn't stop Josh and Olivia!  For only going to a few houses, she still managed to bring home a pretty good haul!


She was pretty excited to show off her trick-or-treat basket when she got home.  She was even willing to share a few treats with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment