Mint Chevron

Sunday, August 25, 2013

2 Years, Month 4, Week 3



Twas the night before preschool and all through the house, Mommy was panicking at the thought of how quickly her little girl was growing up!























How can it be that the first day of school has already arrived?!?  Granted it's just the beginning (preschool), but I can't believe she's starting school.   To help deal with my disbelief, I coped the best way I know how, shopping and Pinterest!  While I was shopping for her a dress for her first day of preschool, "Haven't Met You Yet" began to play just as a I came upon the dress she is wearing in the pictures above.  I took it as a sign and proceeded to the register to buy it right away (while of course getting choked up).

When the big day finally arrived, she was fairly willing to pose for lots of pictures holding my Pinterest finds.  She even seemed excited about heading to preschool.


















The preschool Olivia is attending is at her daycare, University Height UM Children's Center.  So, she's fairly familiar with the location and stopped by to meet her teachers last week.  She walked up to the door proudly wearing her princess backpack she picked out and flashed a big smile before we walked in.




That is until we got in the door!  Once inside, Olivia was not so sure about preschool!  She often has some trouble adjusting to going back to daycare full time or when she moves into another room.  This time she needed a little extra reassurance that every thing would be okay.





Since Josh usually does pick up and drop off, I was glad that I got to meet at least one of Olivia's teachers, Miss Marsha.  She was very nice, answered my countless questions, and explained a little bit about the program.  Even though Olivia was crying when I left, I know she was in good hands with Miss Marsha and Miss Jill (her other teacher).  By the end of the week, she was eagerly sharing stories of her adventures at "pretty school."  I'm hoping they are working on some school readiness skills because Livi was also insisting on wearing jewelry and trying my shoes on because "they match my outfit."


As we got settled back into our regular routine of preschool and work, we also got back to running errands in the evenings.  Livi volunteered to help hold Tinker's leash when we went to pick up more of his food.  I don't think we've seen Tink get that kind of work out in a quite a while!


That weekend we traveled to the Region.  Papa and Grandma also had an extra special house guest - Papa Pigg!  (Livi came up with this name for him all on her own and it rolls off the tongue much easier than Great Grandpa Pigg!)  She took about 5 minutes to warm up to him and they were fast friends once again.  Papa was also teaching her to say "that stinks" in Polish while changing her diapers.




We managed to sneak in one more trip to beach during our visit.  Unfortunately, the water "closes" at 6:00 when the lifeguards leave for the day, but Livi still had plenty of fun in the sand!


When we got back from the beach, Livi and Grandma had a little after dance party.  They were rocking out to Jimmy Fallon and Robin Thicke's version of the (slightly) cleaner "Hey Hey Hey Song."






On Sunday, Josh, Papa, Papa Pigg and Livi went to Papa's work picnic while Grandma and I went to a bridal shower.  Face painting, snow cones, and Cheetos - what more could a kiddo want on a Sunday afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment