Mint Chevron

Friday, February 8, 2013

20 Months, Week 4 Continued


















Oh to be inside the head of a toddler...I imagine it goes something like this, "Check me out!  I can jump up and down and watch myself in the mirror.  I'm very good at multitasking."  Olivia is getting very good at things that involve routines.  She knows when she comes in the house she is supposed to take off her shoes, hang up her jacket, and then head for the bathroom to wash her hands.  I'm not saying it goes perfectly or that she doesn't need some reminders, but she usually has a pretty good memory.  Since she also likes to be a helper, when it's nap time at daycare she not only sets her shoes neatly next to her cot but also her classmates' (who could care less about where their shoes end up) as well.

Although, Sassy-Pants sometimes disapproves of the shoe choice I have made for and will promptly tell me, "No!" as she's taking them off and grabbing a different pair. Good thing she can also put her shoes on by herself (and 9 times out of ten gets them on the correct feet). 


























Grandpa Al came to visit us while Grandma Sue is in Florida with Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Pigg. He volunteered to baby-sit (which Josh and I eagerly took him up on!) and he and Olivia whipped up some very tasty cookies!  From looking at the pictures, I'm not sure who had more fun!  I think it's best to just call it a tie.



Strike a pose!  During their night in, Grandpa also snapped some pics of Olivia modeling her very cute night gown made by Auntie Mary Ann.  It cracks me up when she grabs a phone and says, "'lo?"  She is still loving having stories read to her.  She especially likes picture books where you ask her to either find something or label the picture.  She is also lucky to have a spunky role model named "Olivia" in books and on TV.  After a long day out, she will often grab the remote and shout "Yivya?" as she tries to climb on the couch.  She doesn't watch for too long, but she gets so excited when the theme song plays.  But then again, what child wouldn't be excited to hear a whole song in which the only words are their name?

No comments:

Post a Comment