Mint Chevron

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Baby Girl Knows What She Likes...

Diet Rite is one of the few diet sodas my OBGYN has said is completely safe to drink while pregnant. Although I miss Diet Coke, it didn't instill a lot of confidence when I was told by the nurse practitioner, "Yeah, we don't really know what effect aspartame has on fetuses. It's probably best to just avoid it." So, my very sweet husband went to pick-up a case for me so I could enjoy a soda while we visit family. Well, about 30 minutes or so after I began to drink it, I began to feel what I can only describe as being flicked from inside my tummy. This continued on and off for the next hour. I had a similar feeling today as I was getting my nails done. I think I am finally feeling Baby Girl moving about!

We have seen and heard her moving at various doctor's appointments, but I was unsure what it would feel like for me. I'm sure she thought it was hilarious to kick my bladder on Monday during the ultrasound. (For any who has or has not ever had to have that kind of ultra sound, you have to drink a TON of water in a short amount of time and then "hold it" until the ultrasound is over.)

The doctor said it will be about another month or so until Josh will be able to feel baby girl kicking or moving. You can bet that our house will be stocked with plenty of tangerine Diet Rite between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment