Mint Chevron

Monday, May 2, 2011

Single digits (hopefully!)














39 weeks: Baby weighs as much as a mini-watermelon

Your baby matches up to a mini-watermelon, weighing a bit over 7 pounds.

(Length: about 20 inches, head to heel.)

Okay, so I'm not so sure about the "mini" part of this watermelon. I feel like I have a full size watermelon in my belly these days!

Another doctor's appointment and no progress towards labor. Sigh... I know the nurse practitioner was trying to be encouraging when she said, "Well, you definitely won't be pregnant any more by May 24th!" (My due date is May 9th) but I did not find much comfort in that!

Perhaps, Baby Banks knows that I need to get my haircut before she arrives so I will look nice in our pictures together. Well, that appointment is scheduled for Thursday, so maybe she will be a Cinco de Mayo baby (Auntie Carrie has already promised to take her out for margaritas on her 21st birthday). Or she may be thinking she still has another week before she is late, so what's the rush? She also knows that some of her future girl friends aren't arriving until September, so again she is in no hurry. But my doctor will be on call at the hospital from Wednesday through next Monday which would make it awfully convenient for me! So until then we just keep waiting!

1 comment: